10 Worst Foods for heart health
Want to keep the heart and circulatory system stay healthy now and in the future? Avoid foods and drinks it in everyday life. If you want to taste it once, just once in a while eating. Keep remember portion and don't frequent-often.
1. Fast-food BurgerThe science surrounding whether saturated fat really relate to heart disease are still not entirely clear. "When consumed in moderate amounts, grass feed beef is high quality and in fact beneficial for heart health," said Regina Druz, associate professor of Cardiology from Hofstra University and Chief of cardiology at St. John's Episcopal Hospital in New York City.
In General, Druz says, "saturated fat from animals, especially when combined with carbohydrates seem to have damaging impact heart health."
Avoid fast food restaurants especially using low-quality and not healthy cooking methods is wise to maintain heart health.
2. Meat preservationMeat such as bacon and sausages are a source of saturated fat. Even the low-fat kind of even more rich in salt. Six thin pieces of meat of this type is already supplying half the levels of salt that are recommended by the American Heart Association.
"The majority of the community must live a low salt diet because sodium tend to make high blood pressure," said Dr Laxmi Mehta, Director of the women's heart health programs at the Wexner Ohio State University Medical Center.
3. Fried foodsSeveral studies successfully connects the fried foods such as french fries, fried chicken and other fried foods at increased risk of heart disease. The conventional method of frying pan creates a type of trans fat, the fat that is proven to increase bad cholesterol and lowering good cholesterol.
4. SugarAt this time experts say too often mengasup sugar-rich foods is a threat to health as it causes obesity, inflammation, high cholesterol and diabetes. All of that is a risk factor for heart disease.
"Debate on the science of Cardiology has already shifted from the saturated fat and cholesterol to sugar. If there is one ingredient that needs to be avoided in order to avoid the risk of heart disease, the material was in the form of sugar in the form of various kinds of food, "said Druze.
related post :
> 10 Worst Foods for heart health.
> Causes of hair loss and symptoms.
> 10 Recipes with a concoction of Tradional facial beauty.
5. Sugared Cereal.A seemingly healthy foods like breakfast cereals could be unhealthy due to much sugar. "Eating carbohydrates and sugar in the morning produce inflammation and make blood sugar go up and down all day so we want the extra sugar for a day," said Druze. He suggested breakfast eggs and fruit accompanied by toast.
6. Bread and pastriesCakes and breads, especially those sold in the stores contain a lot of sugar and made from saturated fat (such as palm oil and butter) or trans fats.
7. MargarineThere is still room for debate about the risk of heart disease with saturated fats such as butter. More certain is that a diet rich in trans fats clearly increases the risk of heart disease. Trans fats commonly found in margarine solid at room temperature. Margarine is often called alternative healthier than butter. In order for a healthier heart, brush patties with olive oil instead of margarine.
8. meat lovers PizzaThe American Heart Association put the pizza in the second rank of six types of salty foods. Not just pizza, salt also is rich in saturated fat content. Therefore, limit consumption of pizza pizza or choose vegetables or mushrooms only.
9. Soft drinks and juice are given additional sugarThe largest source of sugar in daily life is not from food, but from the drink. In the U.S. Government found more than 60 percent children, 54 percent of men and 45 percent of adult women are at least drink one soda and sugary drinks a day.
10. diet SodaAlthough the zero-calorie and fat-free, diet soda also had a dark side. "The public got the impression of a healthy diet soda but it is not so," said Druz. Research continues to find evidence of the occurrence of heart disease risk factors such as obesity and diabetes due to drink soda.
Some studies show that people who drink diet soda may compensate and tend to consume more calories. While other research chemical found in diet soda actually change the bacteria in the digestive tract and create communities so susceptible weight gain.
source : kompas.com